Friday, January 7, 2011

Back to Being a Graduate Student

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I had applied to fill the vacancy left by Steve Baird when he passed away. I received a call back today to inform me that, given the circumstances, they opted to go with a high brass play to fill out the remainder of the year, as Steve himself was a French Horn player. Makes perfect sense, and honestly what I would have done in the head directors spot.

I was however encouraged to reapply this summer, as the position will reopen as a permanent spot, not as a long term sub.

So I imagine I will be reapplying this summer. Spring really, closer to April. And this time I'll be a little more prepared, as I'll have my application into CISD, and will very soon have my teaching certificate, and it will be on file, so there won't be any knocks against me, as I would be immediately employable. And then I'll start a new round of interviewing and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post anonymously, please post your name and keep it civil. :)