Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Twenty Third Birthday

Today was my twenty third birthday on November 23rd, 2010. At 11:23 Sharon wanted me to make a wish. I did. :)

I don't usually do much for my birthday. Today was, for the most part, Tuesday. And not the best Tuesday in recent memory for that matter, but it did press some real life issues to the forefront. I wish it could have waited until not my birthday, but beggars can't be choosers. I'd rather poor news now that I can alter my plans around than no news later so I'm caught off guard.

One of my students was, however, kind enough to give me a gift. I received, wrapped up all purdy in a bag (the background of the below picture) a can of hairspray and some spray on glitter. Note to any other aspiring teachers, don't tease your students about something all semester long, because it'll come back to bite you in the butt.

I mean, I can't complain completely, she also got me cupcakes. And who knows, maybe I'll actually need a bottle of silver spray glitter that says "Sexy" on the front in the near future? She might just end up saving my tail someday.

Ok, well probably not. But it's the thought that counts, right?


IMAG0014


Only about six more days left of student teaching. Kind of frightening. 

Have a meeting with WT's Graduate Program advisor for Music before I head to Midland tomorrow. Hopefully that goes well. If it doesn't... eh, I need some good news after today. I'm just going to pray that it does go well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post anonymously, please post your name and keep it civil. :)