Thursday, October 28, 2010

What a Wonderful Day!

Today marked two wonderful years with Sharon Salmon, my Honey Bunny! She managed to find the time to come and visit me this week so we could be together on our two year anniversary, despite me still having to teach, the week before our last marching contest of the season no less! It was wonderful seeing her, and I can't wait until I see her again.

But today was wonderful for many other reasons. The high school band had a phenomenal rehearsal today, just the kind you want the last couple days of the season. I think they're going to be very successful at the ZIA marching festival. Will it be trophy winning successful? I don't know, that's up to the kids. But as far as I'm concerned the amount of musical improvement they've made the past two weeks is success enough for the season, regardless of how placements and trophies turn out.

I also was observed today. I'll spare this blog the details, but it went very, very well. It was the perfect encouragement I needed at this point in the semester. I was just starting to feel very, very burnt out. But it's amazing what some honest approval and constructive criticism can do for the spirit. Something to take note of while teaching students!

I also received word that a friend of my is petitioning Canyon Masonic Lodge #730 for membership, though it was totally unknown to me that he was seeking membership. While I missed the actual stated meeting for the month tonight, it was good to hear that good men are seeking to becoming better men in Masonry. I truly think we're on the verge of a Masonic revival as my generation starts to reject the superficialities of our culture in favor of a life more deep in meaning and spirituality. I also think the Masonic Lodge is the perfect place for men to seek that deeper meaning of life. And with marching season almost over, I can spend more time at the Lodge, which I very much miss.

So yes, it's been an amazing day. Thanks life! I needed this one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post anonymously, please post your name and keep it civil. :)