Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill

This was one of the gifts I received this Christmas, graciously from my Honey Bunny. I just used it for the first time, and I have to say, wow! As a warning, I've never used a coffee grinder of any sort before, I've always bought pre ground coffee. So, this may not be the best coffee grinder in the world, I don't know, I'm not a grinder connoisseur. However, that said, I'm very impressed. The grind was definitely more consistent than any commercially ground coffee I've ever had. And the flavor was leaps and bounds better than commercial coffee! It'll be hard to ever go back. I never knew the toll oxidation took on the beans until now. 

It has a slew of nice features:
  • Bur grinding, which is more consistent than blade grinding, with rarer replacement of bits.
  • Relatively simple design and few moving parts, making it durable and easy to clean.
  • Quick to grind.
  • There is a selector which allows you to set how many cups you want to make. Then pour in whole beans, and the grinder does the measuring.
  • Relatively air tight lid for storage of extra beans.
  • You can how fine or coarse you want the grind to be, making it ideal for everything from espresso, to drip coffee, to French press.
  • Did I mention freshly ground beans taste a million times better than pre ground beans from the store?
Only drawback I've noticed so far (after one use) is that it is incredibly loud. You might wake the baby. But with that in mind, I'm very impressed. Definitely changed my coffee experience for the better.

Find out more details about it on Amazon here.


412ZXCHGRJL._SS500_

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you post anonymously, please post your name and keep it civil. :)